Spaghetti with scallops and chorizo



I've had scallops and bacon, and I love it, but when I saw Nigella Lawson's recipe with scallops and chorizo, I knew I had to try it. Of course, I fiddled with it and this was the result. Here's what I used for about 4 portions:

150g scallops
150g chorizo sausage, sliced into rounds
1 shallot, finely chopped
1 tbsp butter
½ glass of dry white wine
500g spaghetti, cooked
chopped parsley, to garnish

In a frying pan, I dry-fried the chorizo till crisp for about 1 minute on each side. I discarded the oil it released. In another frying pan, I melted the butter and cooked the shallot, then added the scallops. I cooked the scallops briefly on each side until just cooked. Then, on high heat, I added the wine and the cooked chorizo. I let the wine bubble and reduce, then I added the just-cooked and drained spaghetti. Don't drain the spaghetti till absolutely dry or rinse them, otherwise they will not absorb the sauce! Serve garnished with chopped parsley. Bon Appétit!

Comments

Popular Posts